Dogs, Cats and Other Phenomena

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Videos On My Blog!!

Wow! Just joined DropShots (which is free) and found out that I can publish videos on my blog and also on Dogster and Catster. See you upload your video (in this case, a .mov file) to DropShots and they turn it into a Flash movie. You just copy and paste the URL they give you especially for blogs and that's all there is to it.

Well, actually, there was a learning curve for me. I upgraded to the StarUser - in other words, you have to pay, but otherwise you can't show videos longer than 2 minutes. I had an abridged version of my movie Three Cool Cats ... A Study in Fur that was slightly over 2 minutes, which meant that the last few seconds got cut off. So I upgraded. But it didn't change anything, so I finally emailed them for support. Seems because I'm on a Mac, I have to upload via the website.

Anyway, I threw this very short video together of Nikki as a puppy, complete with musical assistance from the Beatles. Nikki is so little and cute in it ... I think you'll really enjoy watching it. Oh, and to see other videos and read their diaries, go to Nikki's Dogster page, Max's Catster page, Callie's page and Joey's page.


Nikki, the Little Puppy

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

1 Comments:

  • Love your blog. What a pretty dog. I'd like to learn how to put videos on my site. I also checked out the Dogster and Catster pages. Fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home