Dogs, Cats and Other Phenomena

Friday, September 30, 2005

Nikki Gets Cone Removed!

Nikki finally got her stitches and her cone removed yesterday, and is she one happier dog! It was too darn hot to take her on a walk - and the air quality wasn't too healthy either - so we celebrated by playing Fetch in the living room. Boy, was she happy to be let loose in the living room! She hadn't eaten her food, so I gave her her kibble each time she brought me back the ball. However, she then took it upon herself to jump on the living room chair, which is a decided no-no. At that time, I was on the phone, so I tried to drag her off the chair but she would have none of it, the little brat! Nikki can be one stubborn dog when she wants to be.
My 6-month old dog also gained 3 lbs. during the 10 days of her recovery from being spayed - she now weighs 44.7 lbs. She's getting pretty big!

I then tried to clean up the back yard so she could run around. I had 2 oleanders removed and now I'm trying to pick up the loose leaves. She still tries to pick up everything in her mouth - including little rocks - so she's a danger to herself. I borrowed a shopvac from a friend, but now it doesn't have suction ... probably clogged or full? So I ran out of time and didn't get to finish the job. I wanted to let her play in her new wading pool yesterday but that didn't work out. I'm hoping I can finish cleaning up the yard and let her play today in the pool. Tomorrow she has her training class and then she'll get groomed. She needs it, as she couldn't keep herself as neat and clean as she'd like during her convalescence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home